Re: Trad. Korean Bows you can buy in Europe

How to pill off the first layer of the serving place? Using a knife? From where do i start, i don´t see a tread from which i could start stripping it off.

Thumbs up

Gabriel wrote:

How to pill off the first layer of the serving place? Using a knife? From where do i start, i don´t see a tread from which i could start stripping it off.

Very carefully, with a razor blade. Have you served a string before? If not, better to ask someone who has to show you, explaining the process in words would be just too difficult.

Thumbs up

Could you take a picture and show in it how to do it? It has 2 layers, or one thick layer in which i will unfurl until i reach the appropriate thickness?

Thumbs up

I can't post a photo, sorry, mine are re-served already. The double serving is one continuous length, covering first the string and then back over itself. If you very carefully slice into the material near the make off point you will be able to cut through a strand of the second covering and then you can unwind it. But you need to know how to finish off the serving.

Of course you can always just remove it all and do a single serving of your own.

Thumbs up

Thanks Hun, i did it yesterday, it was easy, just hacked a tread and then undid it.

Thumbs up