1 (edited by jbl 2012-02-21 03:07:04)

Topic: SMG Semi-Horn Bow

I just got a new to me SMG semi-horn bow.  The chap I bought it from had not shot it very much and as Ginni  stated the bow is the most pleasant shooting experience known to man.  My question is this: the chap told me there was no special maintenance needed for the bow however I see two bows on the SMG website and I assuming the bow is the artificial bow but is there some way for me to make sure it is not the bow that needs a hot box?

Thumbs up

Re: SMG Semi-Horn Bow

Hello, jbl, How did you get it!?  tongue
SMG laminated horn bow doesn't need a hot box, but it's real-horn laminated bow,
so you need to keep try it. just use hair dryer or hot plate for it in wet season.

Thank you Mechwar for hooking me up with the bamboo koryo bow. It took many months but I finally just got it! It is amazing to draw, I could not get my hands on the partial horn bow, but hope to soon one day... Also the bow and arrow quivers you made for me were just amazing. Guys, please check out Mr.Yun (mechwar)'s facebook page and you can get some amazing leather bow and arrow quivers from him, they are just amazing to say the least! And he will custom make it to your color/design preferences, just awesome all around. Thank you again sir!

Thumbs up

Mechwar thank you for the information.  I was able to get the bow from a guy who got it while he was in Korea.  He rarely shot it; in fact he did not even size the grip.  It really is a nice bow I can't believe how lucky I was to get one cool
Trident thanks for the info.

Thumbs up

5 (edited by Mechwar 2012-02-23 05:02:24)

oops!
I didn't know who you are, Trident!    wink hehe
thanks!

You're welcome!  jbl.
Indeed, it's so lucky  wink
I'm in korea, but I couldn't get it yet!!!

6 (edited by WarBow 2012-02-23 06:52:28)

Let's hope the laminated horn bow from SMG will start selling again.

Thumbs up +1

Trident wrote:

Thank you Mechwar for hooking me up with the bamboo koryo bow. It took many months but I finally just got it! It is amazing to draw, I could not get my hands on the partial horn bow, but hope to soon one day... Also the bow and arrow quivers you made for me were just amazing. Guys, please check out Mr.Yun (mechwar)'s facebook page and you can get some amazing leather bow and arrow quivers from him, they are just amazing to say the least! And he will custom make it to your color/design preferences, just awesome all around. Thank you again sir!

Trident what weight of a Bamboo Belly Bow did you get and how do you like it? Any problems, I'm about to order one.

Thumbs up