1 (edited by raven 2012-05-13 14:52:34)

Topic: SMG CARBON VS SMG ARTIFICIAL HORN BOW.

Does anyone have any experience shooting the SMG Carbon and The SMG artificial horn bows?

How do they compare in performance, and durability? Does the look change at all?

Any information or experience with the artificial horn bow would be great appreciated.

I  know the carbons are super fast, but am thinking about a heavier artificial horn.

thank you

Joseph

Thumbs up

Re: SMG CARBON VS SMG ARTIFICIAL HORN BOW.

raven wrote:

Does anyone have any experience shooting the SMG Carbon and The SMG artificial horn bows?

How do they compare in performance, and durability? Does the look change at all?

Any information or experience with the artificial horn bow would be great appreciated.

I  know the carbons are super fast, but am thinking about a heavier artificial horn.

thank you

Joseph

Many years ago, Mr. Park gave me one when he first started making them.  It was really beautiful and felt good to draw.  It was also a smooth shooter, although I think the cast was less than the full-laminate.  I have a friend in the States who runs a kuksoolwon school and the only bows he would get from me for his students were the horn/laminate hybrids (he bought many).

Thumbs up

Many years ago, Mr. Park gave me one when he first started making them.  It was really beautiful and felt good to draw.  It was also a smooth shooter, although I think the cast was less than the full-laminate.  I have a friend in the States who runs a kuksoolwon school and the only bows he would get from me for his students were the horn/laminate hybrids (he bought many).

Thank you Thomas,
Were these Hybrid's as I understand them?(Horn on belly and laminated back?)

Or was this one made of artificial materials that are supposed to feel like horn?

To be honest Im confused. It is advertised as artificial, but maybe it is a hybrid?

thanks you
Joseph

Thumbs up

raven wrote:

Thank you Thomas,
Were these Hybrid's as I understand them?(Horn on belly and laminated back?)

Or was this one made of artificial materials that are supposed to feel like horn?

To be honest Im confused. It is advertised as artificial, but maybe it is a hybrid?

thanks you
Joseph

Joseph,

It had horn on the belly, but the rest was laminate.

T

Thumbs up

Joe,
I would say my artificial horn bow is quieter and smoother than my carbon but by the eye may be slightly slower in caste but not by a "significant" margin.  The bow is just a pleasure to shoot especially when I am on my game.
Jamie

Thumbs up

Jamie,
That is all I needed to hear. Between the two of us, probably not too many bows that we don't have experience with.  roll

Not sure if that is a good thing? big_smile

Thumbs up

7 (edited by Gabriel 2013-02-13 03:57:32)

Actually the so called artificial horn bow is a laminated fiber glass bow, in Korea they call the fiber glass laminated artifitial horn, misleading i know, just clarifying, a Korean friend told me about it.

Thumbs up