Topic: One eyed shooting and canting the bow

This last october I lost an eye(my left eye). When shooting fingers an mediteranean style of shooting this poses no issue what so ever. But, shooting the prefered method, drawing the bow with the thumb ring to or beyond my jaw, at times seems very difficult due to the position of the riser and arrow. The riser seems and tends to move right into view of my good eye. Right eye.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this at all? I know it probably does not come up much.

Please, any insight on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Joe

Thumbs up

Re: One eyed shooting and canting the bow

Raven,

First, I'm sorry about your loss of an eye--I can't imagine it.  I can understand why the riser would block your vision, but I'm not really sure what you can do about it without having to completely change your form.  I hope another member can give you the feedback you need.  Good luck with it.

Thomas

Thumbs up

Hello Raven,
Have you tried different arrows? Stiiffer arrows or a much lighter point, or both. If you can get the arrows to fly to the right, it is maybe possible the adjustment to your aim will remove the riser from obscuring the target (or part of it)

Thumbs up

I appreciate the input. This is going to be a great forum.

I am finding ways to work around this, canting the bow, opening stance, and using softer arrows thin carbons. This might not be the most traditional way, but is working for now.

Joe

Thumbs up