Topic: Question about smg artificial horn bow

Hello, I have recently purchased a 40#smg artificial horn bow but still waiting for it to ship. I've read on this forum that many owners say it is a pleasant bow to shoot but there is one thread that mention 6 out of 10 such bow broke. I wonder why they fail while many owners love them. Can it be because of bad treatment or just a defective lot. I'm using 30# Kaya KTB I got a few months ago and my draw length is 32 inches. I really look forward to try this bow.

Thumbs up

2 (edited by WillScarlet 2013-08-17 17:08:49)

Re: Question about smg artificial horn bow

warongt: I would be interested in a review of your bow when you get it. It is on my list to purchase.  wink

Thumbs up

3 (edited by warongt 2013-08-27 16:02:09)

Ok, the bow arrive yesterday safely and nicely packed. Thank you Mechwar for assisting in the buy. Went out to the range today and shot for about and hour and a half. Compare to my Kaya KTB 30#, the Kaya is very easy to draw for the first half but start to feel heavier near 30" and I hit the wall at around 32-32.5". This is also true with my friend's Kaya 40# and 45# as they draw nicely for the first half and stack badly toward the max draw length. The 40# artificial horn SMG begin to draw heavier but have similar draw weight all the way to about 32" which I find that I like more than the Kaya. the bamboo arrows I have are 400+grains and they fly nice and flat. I will try the bow scale and plot the force draw curve for this bow compare to the Kaya if I have a chance but right now I feel the SMG have a much flatter curve.

Thumbs up

warongt wrote:

I will try the bow scale and plot the force draw curve for this bow compare to the Kaya

Yes please! Never enough force curves

Thumbs up