1 (edited by Iggy 2013-06-11 14:39:29)

Topic: KAYA KTB XL, anyone?

Hi, All

Anyone had any experience of this? I have the standard 48" 50# version but would love to know how the 52" version compares in terms of draw, speed, brace height etc.

Also, where in the EU might I get one?

Cheers

Thumbs up

2 (edited by crazybamboo 2013-06-13 20:29:36)

Re: KAYA KTB XL, anyone?

Hi there!
http://www.koreanarchery.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=395 - As you can see in the end of this topic opened by me, I finally got to own a 52 inches long KTB, weighing 60 punds at 31 inches (at least that's marked on it, never really weighed it, though I'm planning to).
First, after comparing it with a 48" and 55# KTB, I noticed it's way smoother. The XL just doesn't stack at all, but it can be a bit tricky to hold at 33 inches(where it's probable to weigh 70lb+).  At least in the beginning, because the bow was new, the materials in it were somehow stiffer. Therefore, stringing it for the first time was a bit difficult...or maybe it was just me being over-careful  tongue
When it comes to speed comparison, I can't state anything. The 48" is lighter, so I'm not sure which could be faster. But when I first shot this 60# XL, I got a little scared of the speed it develops...  big_smile
Brace height is pretty much the same, I keep it between 5.5 and 6 inches.
As far as I know, there are many places in the EU where you cand find them. Try Germany and Netherlands. I bought mine from  Romania.

Thumbs up

Thanks, Crazybamboo

Thumbs up

I've found out I can just order one from Kaya's official dealer from the UK roll
Have to wait for it till the Autumn but that's OK.

Tried many asiatic bows now and nothing comes close to the KTB so I'm really looking forward to the longer version.

Thanks again, Crazybamboo

Thumbs up

No problem, I'm glad that I could help you.
I'm curious about something, though: How much did you/are you going to pay for the KTB in the UK?

Thumbs up

crazybamboo wrote:

How much did you/are you going to pay for the KTB in the UK?

not quite a correct answer to the question...  but ...
...  last year, it cost me ~150 Euros, in France, for a KTB 52 inches / 40 pounds

Thumbs up

7 (edited by Iggy 2013-11-25 15:48:56)

A long overdue update from me on this
I've had my 55# 52" KTB XL for a couple of weeks now and am very happy with it. It is subtly different to the standard 48". How best to describe it..? I would say it has a steadier power curve as one draws. To me, the 48" is very light up to about halfway but comes on strong after that - I disagree with those that say it stacks, which, I believe is just a consequence of its early draw lightness.
Whatever the differences, I love them both.

Great service from Quicks in the UK, the official Kaya dealer (which is the way to go if you want an XL). Was charged just the standard price.

Thumbs up