Topic: String Twists...

I know that this is a common practice in other forms of archery, and I am curious about what you guys think.  Do any of you put a few twists on the string before you nock it?  I've always avoided this, because I've always been under the impression that it can cause limb torsion.  So what do you think?

Thumbs up

Re: String Twists...

Twisting the string to shorten or untwisting to lengthen the string does nothing adversely to affect the limbs, otherwise everyone who shoots a traditional (or compound bow for that matter) would have problems. As anal as some shooters are about tuning their bows this would be a topic of concern, and I have never seen or heard of such a subject. Even if it DID have some affect we most likely, as shooters, would not be able to detect it.
          If you are speaking of some other form of twisting the string then the above does not apply.
                                                                                                                                                    Will

Thumbs up

WillScarlet wrote:

Twisting the string to shorten or untwisting to lengthen the string does nothing adversely to affect the limbs, otherwise everyone who shoots a traditional (or compound bow for that matter) would have problems. As anal as some shooters are about tuning their bows this would be a topic of concern, and I have never seen or heard of such a subject. Even if it DID have some affect we most likely, as shooters, would not be able to detect it.
          If you are speaking of some other form of twisting the string then the above does not apply.
                                                                                                                                                    Will

That's what I was asking about.  I came across a post somewhere that said the proper brace distance should slightly under 6"... So I may twist it to that and see what I think.  I just didn't want to put any unnecessary strain on the limbs.  Thanks!

Thumbs up

4 (edited by sissara 2014-02-18 04:28:36)

Be careful, do not over twist the string as it could climb off the string bridge and send your bow dry fire. It happened a few time to me. After I realized the problem, I usually relax the whole string and put only a couple twist.

Thumbs up +1