1 (edited by Xarop 2015-01-28 18:37:24)

Topic: Returning beginner from Portugal

Hello, my name is Ricardo and I am a returning beginner to the great activity that is archery.
I am now 23 but I started learning archery when I was 21. I was a great club here and I had lessons for 6 months with a takedown recurve bow with stabilizers, aiming sight, clicker, the works. Very unfortunately I had to stop after a severe knee injury took its toll on my back/balance and later on my shoulder, since my entire posture changed in a couple of months. I had to go through physiotherapy for both knee and shoulder and I finally feel much better and I really want to get back to archery.

I've always been kind of fascinated by the eastern asian bows and style of shooting and I am here to learn all I can about all there is to know about the korean style of archery and arrowmaking/fletching.
Having used a more western-like recurve bow I only learned the three finger style of shooting and have no prior experience in making my own arrows.
I have done some research and since I am on a budget (and still learning), I have been looking at the Kaya Khan and KTB bows and I can get either one at exactly the same price It just depends on if I want to shoot with three fingers, or learn thumb style right away, which might be the better choice? When I had classes I started on a 23# and got up to a 28#, but I am stronger now and will probably get one of those bows in 35# so I can "grow with it".

Thank you very much for having me,
Xarop

Thumbs up

Re: Returning beginner from Portugal

Welcome, Ricardo!  My bias is towards thumb ring shooting, so you know my answer  wink

Thumbs up

Re: Returning beginner from Portugal

Go all the way ............... thumb ring! wink

Thumbs up