1 (edited by misterwonky 2015-09-01 08:02:37)

Topic: "Nomad" bows? What do you guys think about them?

So I'm in the market for a new bow to replace my old one (had to sell it for school money).  I loved my Hwarang, but the only thing I didn't like about it was how fragile the birch bark was.  Keep in mind, I'm not a korean shooter, but rather a massive archery fan that loves aerial and targets.  With that said, I came across the Nomad Black Shadow, and it seems to be produced by Kaya (looks like a branch off of the company?).  It has the goods without the bark, and I find the designs extremely appealing, but I don't want to cut any corners with it.

My questions are: Are these actually good bows?  Are they prone to failures, or any QC issues?  This will be a very longterm bow for me, and I want to make sure I pick out something fantastic.

Thumbs up

2 (edited by Pedro C 2015-09-08 19:10:29)

Re: "Nomad" bows? What do you guys think about them?

I am not sure if MJ SYSTEM/Freddie Archery/Nomad is a branch of Kaya. I've only seen threads about problems (and replacements) for Kaya bows. Either way, they're nice and will most likely send you a replacement if your bow breaks.

I bought a 53" nomad. (is actually 48" notch to notch).

For my Nomad, the backing is synthetic cloth and the ears seem rather short, but I like it. I didn't see anything wrong with it. I really doubt that it would break if you stay within the stated draw length, which is 31" for the 48" version and 33" for the 53" version. I do not expect it to get damaged, I've already shot several hundred arrows with it

I wonder if their Taegeuk Horn Bow from koreanbow.com is a "real" sinew-backed bow? If so, it's really cheap

Re: "Nomad" bows? What do you guys think about them?

No, it's a laminated horn like SMG's (horn belly, carbon back) and at $550 compared to SMG's $350 is pretty expensive. But if you ask them, they also have real horn/sinew for $800

Thumbs up