Topic: kaya nomad

Hello,
I'm a happy user of the ktb from kaya in 48'' 35#
I'm interested in the new kaya nomad in 53'' length, 35# as I guess it should be more confortable for my long draw (I'm used to kyudo shooting, lol)

My concern is where could I buy it in France ? Do you know any French dealer, or should I order from koreanbow.com directly ?

My first KTB was a lucky buy, French dealers don't usually follow that kind of items and it's quite difficult to get what you want.

Thumbs up

Re: kaya nomad

http://www.europearchery.com/nomad-bow-ktb.html

Thumbs up

thanks mule. seems legit but I can't find the stock availability nor the estimated delivery time. Is it shipped from Netherlands ? I'm surprised how German and Dutch seem quite open minded to "non european" archery ways.

Thumbs up

Yup, shipped from the Netherlands. It's one of the biggest European archery shops

Delivery is probably a week, definitely faster than anything coming from Korea in any case

Thumbs up

OK great info. Thanks a lot !

Thumbs up

Going from the poor picture in the link from Mule, the Nomad looks like a regular Kaya KTB. Is it different in any way other than being a few inches longer. Is it covered in the famous paisley sheep skin?  smile

Thumbs up

It's a KTB from another company, not Kaya. It's covered in... I don't know how to describe it. Why don't these companies sell a fake birch bark pattern instead of these strange flowery wallpaper designs?

You can see better pictures here http://www.koreanbow.com/shop/index.php … er=product

Thumbs up

As far as I understand, it's the same company (can't remember the name but I saw it on a PDF somewhere on the web) that already sells under the kaya brand. Nomad is a new brand, but same business anyway.

Thumbs up

Chosuk your question is legit (I have the same, lol) : I was looking for the 52 kaya ktb as I am quite please with the 48 but wanted that extra smoothness in the last inches of my draw.
Then I saw the nomad in 53 and thought why not ?
Nevertheless, I asked various dealers about the differences between kaya ktb 52 and nomad 53 and so far got no answer :-/

Thumbs up

fabrice wrote:

As far as I understand, it's the same company (can't remember the name but I saw it on a PDF somewhere on the web) that already sells under the kaya brand. Nomad is a new brand, but same business anyway.

Nomad is Freddie Won's company; he has also been the business manager for Kaya for years.

Thumbs up

bluelake wrote:

Nomad is Freddie Won's company; he has also been the business manager for Kaya for years.

Thanks Thomas.
Maybe you know whom I should address my question then : what's the difference between nomad ktb 53'' and kaya ktb 52'' ?

Thumbs up

One inch. They might be owned by the same parent company but they're still just bows made by different people. They're both Korean bows, just made by different makers.

Thumbs up

Mule wrote:

One inch.

Lol. that I could figure by myself.  big_smile

Thumbs up

Wasn't the 'Nomad' the HMG?

Thumbs up

As far as I know, Freddie Won just named it for his product.  However, it would not surprise me if someone else also had the same name.

Thumbs up

16 (edited by geoarcher 2015-05-17 19:41:55)

I remember in this thread everyone talking about the HMG:

http://www.koreanarchery.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=477

I was curious so when I went to Kaya's website a little over a year ago (2014-04-18 07:36:51 to be exact, just checked my invoice), I bought what was called the Hyunmugung.  The bow I received interestingly enough is what's now known as the 'Nomad'.  The materials in the thread-link I referenced are the same regarding threading, leather arrow pass guard, and that yellow grip material.  What changed from that product to what I bought in 2014 was apparently the design on the synthetic covering.

I think what is now the Nomad was somehow the HMG as there appears to be a carry over in materials.

Thumbs up

I'll ask Freddie about it.

Thumbs up

bluelake wrote:

I'll ask Freddie about it.

Any updates on this?

Thumbs up